Dr. Harris has been an invited speaker across the United States and the world including most recently China and Dubai.
Innovative Multi-center Research of the Ankle and Foot
Welcome to the Multicenter Arthroscopy Study of the Ankle and Foot (MASTAF) Study Group. We are a group of board certified, fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeons with a focus on the treatment of ankle and foot injuries. We practice and teach at some of the leading medical institutions in the world. We all have a strong interest in and focus on medical research.
As surgeons, we treat both the athletic and arthritic patients. Through this study, we aim to learn more about these populations.
We have assembled this innovative research group to evaluate ankle and foot injuries and treatment.
By pooling our individual patient data and outcomes, we are able to create a powerful research tool regarding the arthroscopic treatment of ankle and foot injuries.
Here are most recent speaking engagements:
- AAOS Moderator – “Foot and Ankle II; Arthrodesis and Analysis of Outcomes: Paper Presentations” March 2017, San Diego. California
- AAOS Instructional Course Lecture, March 2017 San Diego, California, , Controversies and Challenges in Foot and Ankle Trauma; Lisfranc and Forefoot Injuries
- Presenter: 1. Medial Column Fusions: Technique and Fixation Methods; 2. Determining Outcome of Microfracture for Talus OCDs; 3. Total Ankle Replacement with Subtalar Fusion vs. TTC Fusion. ACFAS National Meeting Las Vegas, NV March 2017
- Moderator / Presenter: Ankle Arthritis: Causes and Cures: Resident Breakout Session AOFAS Summer Meeting, Toronto , Ontario July 2016
- Indian Foot and Ankle Society Webinar, Adult Flat Foot: The Essentials. “Arthrodesis Procedures for Adult Flat Foot”, June 2016
- Dana Street Alumni Day, Harbor UCLA, “25 things I’ve Learned in 8 years of Practice” Torrance, CA, June 2016
- AAOS Instructional Course Lecture, March 2016 Orlando, Florida, Controversies and Challenges in Foot and Ankle Trauma; Lisfranc and Forefoot Injuries
- AAOS Moderator – “All About Ankle Fractures: Paper Presentations” March 2016, Orlando Florida
- Greer Alumni Lecture: Foot and Ankle Pain in the Athlete, March 2016, Penn State Department of Orthopaedics, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- FORE Sports Medicine, “Ankle and Foot Sports Injuries, The cutting edge” November 2015, Chair of Foot and Ankle Section, Las Vegas, Nevada
- China Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Symposium, Presenter, October 2015, Beijing and Shanghai, China
- Local Host for Traveling Fellows AOFAS, West Coast Tour, July 2015, Pasadena, CA
- AOFAS Symposium July 2015 Annual Meeting “Midfoot Injuries: Bridges, Plates and Screws” Long Beach
- Trimed Symposium at AOFAS July 2015 “Treating Complications and Complicated Ankle Fractures”
- Foot Innovate Webinar: “Dorsal plating of lisfranc injuries” June 2015
- AAOS Instructional Course Lecture, March 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada, Controversies and Challenges in Foot and Ankle Trauma
- Western Orthopaedic Association: Foot and Ankle Pain in the Competitive Athlete, Los Angeles, January 2015